Right now, I’m sitting in the Lathrop Learning Hub, a space filled with yoga balls, power strips, cushy chair-pod things that I suppose optimize for comfort and productivity, and fifty-three industrious college students clacking away at their keyboards. Despite the words on the wall yelling at me to CREATE, INNOVATE, IDEATE, I can’t seem to get my brain cells going in a unified direction.
I’ve been here for an hour and a half. Here are the things that I’ve managed to do:
- Searched for a vegan chocolate cake, something that I am craving intensely right now. I browsed Instacart and Amazon’s Whole Foods delivery. I’m not a Prime member. I didn’t order any vegan chocolate cake, and I don’t think I will.
- I read two New York Times articles (as in, one full article and two halves).
I finished two homework problems.I finished one homework problem and Googled the answer for another.
- I stalked one person on Facebook, transcending four years worth of photos and memories in only twenty minutes. I know what this girl’s mom looks like now. Winning?
- I tried the thing where you stare at something that’s 30 feet away for 20 seconds so that your eyeballs don’t die, but then I only had enough strength to do 10 seconds worth of staring.
- Fuck college is so hard. No way that these are the best years of your life. FUCK! ffffffff